Wednesday, May 18, 2011

MONARCHY

I love Monarchy.  Their production is fantastic, their synths are smooth, and their grooves are danceable.  Not much info is known on where they're from, as they're a relatively new band.  In an interview they admitted to having a real interest in outer space, which is evidenced by some of their videos as well as their overall sound.  Monarchy's sound is synth-heavy, and could be considered electro-pop or DreamWave.  I would love for these guys to gain some recognition and popularity, because their infectious melodies are constantly stuck in my head throughout the day. 

Don't be surprised to hear about Monarchy in the near future, especially if you've got some electro hipster friends.  They are supposed to have an album due out later this year, so I'll keep you posted.  For now, here are two videos I could find, as well as 'Gold in the Fire'-- which has been on repeat on my iPod for god knows how long now.



 The Phoenix Alive - Monarchy  





Love Get Out of My Way - Monarchy




 Gold in the Fire - Monarchy ***(fav.)

No comments:

Post a Comment